Why You Should Be Using Google+ in Your Business
Google + has long been viewed by many as nothing more than a failed attempt at taking on Facebook. Failed attempt or not, there are some very powerful reasons why you should take Google+ seriously when it comes to your online marketing campaigns. When you use it right, it can be a powerful marketing tool for your business. Just how powerful? Well, consider some of the facts about Google+ and judge for yourself.
Who uses Google +
- Currently around the world there are over 500 million registered users
- 63% are males
- 37% are females
- 48% of Fortune Global 100 Companies use Google+
- 40% of marketers use Google+
Information About Google+ Users
- 28% make at least $60,000 per year
- 31.5% of users live in the USA
- 42% of users are single
- 45% of users are between the ages of 18-24
- 1.5 billion photos get uploaded to Google+ every week
- 300 million monthly active “in stream” users
If those figures do not impress you, then you are missing out on a very valuable marketing resource for your business. If you can see the potential in using Google+, then you need to take action. However, like with any marketing tool, it’s not just a matter of slapping together a profile, putting up a post or two and hope for the best. There is a methodology to making your message seen by as many users as possible.
A good place to start is to understand some of the features Google+ has.
- Within your Google+ account, you can set up pages where you can share your photos, promotions, thoughts and links
- You can put up posts which allows you to interact with your clients or customers and share relevant information with them
- There are what Google calls ‘Hangouts’ where you can video chat with your customers and colleagues and get valuable face to face feedback
- The ‘Circles’ feature allows you to connect and direct specific content to different types of customers
By sharing related videos, you can gain approximately 28% more engagement with people in your circles on Google+. One tip is that if you post on a Friday between 11am and 2pm, your posts are more likely to be read as there are more people on between those times.
To leverage Google+ for your marketing, it doesn’t take a great deal of effort. If you participate in the community, in no time at all you will notice an increase in the amount of relevant traffic being sent to your site from Google+.
This is where the real work is done
+61 3 9813 5988
Visit us by appointment
257 Chapel Street
Prahran, Victoria, 3181
Other Australian Cities
We travel a lot to meet cool people.
Make appointments with us to travel to your neck of the woods.
New California Office