As Internet usage explodes, your business has a whole new set of opportunities – and associated risks. Your reputation extends beyond your customers and suppliers into cyberspace.
We can help you take good care of your online reputation by:
- Creating powerful online profiles
- Monitoring online reviews
- Providing strategies to help you manage online reviews and commentary
Online reputation management for your business is crucial. Your online image is NOT just your business website. There is much more to it. Google has this to say:
“Your online identity is determined not only by what you post, but also by what others post about you — whether a mention in a blog post, a photo tag or a reply to a public status update,” -Google
What Exactly Is Your Online Reputation?
In a nutshell, your online reputation is made up of everything about your business that exists online. The types of materials that could potentially impact your business’ online reputation are broader than you might realize. Below are just some components of your online image:
- Negative comments made about your business on social media such as Twitter or Facebook
- Images about your business online
- Videos about your business (Good or Bad) on YouTube and elsewhere
- Any type of posts and articles published online about your business
- Your geo-location information broadcast through services like Foursquare
- Negative comments that others make about you in social media or in blog posts
- Any images of your business that others publish on social media
Even what people say in an email or through instant messaging could potentially be copied and made public. If you’re beginning to feel like virtually anything that others do on the Internet could become part of your business’ online reputation, good, you’re starting to get the picture.
Throw in the mobile Internet and smart phones. Now people can read and write reviews from anywhere. This should make you can see how a bad review about your business will hit harder and spread faster than ever before.
Why Online Reputation Should Matter to Your Local Business
Many local businesses have found themselves in the unenviable position of being falsely accused, lied about, slandered and maliciously attacked online. It is a growing problem. The cost is staggering, immediate and long term.
Some common Internet search facts you should be aware of:
- 95% of Internet users do not search past the first page of search engine results.
- 80% of Internet users research a product on the Internet before purchasing.
- 72% of those that research will not buy if there’s a negative comment
In light of the Facts Online Reputation Management Is Essential
Online Reputation management is a necessity these days. Everyone has mobile phones that are Internet capable and check reviews before spending their money. That’s where Reputation Management specialists come in. We can help you protect and if needed, repair your online reputation, maintain a strong online presence and get more positive reviews. As Benjamin Franklin once said:
“It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it”
He knew a thing or two about business.
If your online reputation is important to you, and you would like to build a positive reputation online, please contact us. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have including about our local seo services.